Fulham vs Chelsea Premier League Live Football Score 16 Jan 2021
Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic has returned to light training and could be available again, having missed Wednesday’s draw with Tottenham. Mario Lemina and Tom Cairney are unavailable because of illness and a knee problem respectively.
Midfielder N’Golo Kante, who has been nursing a hamstring strain, will be absent anyway because of suspension.
- Parker proud as Fulham hold Tottenham
Fulham have drawn their past five league games, which shows their improvement even if they are still not winning games. They have made themselves far more difficult to beat, and are a lot harder to play against.
Chelsea have hit a bit of a sticky patch in the league so last weekend’s FA Cup win over Morecambe will have given them a bit of a lift.
I’m expecting them to win at Craven Cottage too. I think part of the problem for the Blues was a lack of confidence – a bit like Arsenal when they were on that bad run before Christmas – but lack of ability is not the issue for Frank Lampard’s side.
- Fulham could become the first club to draw six consecutive Premier League matches since Manchester City had a run of seven in 2009.
- They haven’t gone six top-flight games without defeat since a seven-match streak from the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
- The Cottagers have only conceded three goals in their past six games in all competitions.
- Fulham are winless in 18 Premier League London derbies since beating West Ham on New Year’s Day 2014.
- Ademola Lookman has been directly involved in four of Fulham’s last six league goals, scoring one and setting up three.
- Chelsea have lost four of their past six Premier League games, as many as in their previous 23.
- The Blues could lose four consecutive away league games for the first time since a run of five from October to December 2000.
- Timo Werner scored his first club goal since 7 November against Morecambe last Sunday. However, he is without a goal in his past nine Premier League appearances.
- Frank Lampard scored six Chelsea goals in eight Premier League appearances at Craven Cottage.