Premier League :Manchester City vs Tottenham Live Football Score 13 Feb 2021
Defender Ruben Dias and midfielder Rodri are both expected to be fit as leaders Manchester City host Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday. Dias missed the midweek FA Cup win at Swansea through illness, while Rodri limped off late in the game but both have recovered well.
Sergio Aguero continues to build up his fitness in training after a spell out with Covid-19 but may not return this weekend. Kevin De Bruyne, Nathan Ake and Fernandinho remain on the sidelines. Tottenham will definitely be without Sergio Reguilon (muscle) and Giovani Lo Celso (hamstring).
Harry Kane is expected to return to the starting XI after his substitute appearance at Everton in midweek, while Gareth Bale will need to be assessed. The Wales forward sat out the FA Cup defeat after “not feeling comfortable” but scans showed no injury, while Serge Aurier (calf) is likely to be part of the travelling squad.
- Manchester City have won seven of the past 10 league meetings at the Etihad Stadium, only losing on 14 February 2016.
- However, Spurs have won both league encounters – at home – with Jose Mourinho as their manager.
- City are on a 15-match winning run in all competitions, a record for an English top-flight side, and are unbeaten in 22 since their 2-0 defeat by Tottenham in November.
- They have only conceded three goals in their past 14 league games.
- Manchester City can equal the club record of seven successive home clean sheets in all competitions, set from December 1946 to March 1947.
- Pep Guardiola could lose three consecutive top-flight fixtures against the same team for the first time as a manager.
- He and Jose Mourinho have faced each other in 24 games, with Guardiola leading by 10 wins to seven.
- Midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is the Premier League’s leading scorer in 2021 with seven goals in eight appearances. His previous seven league goals came over a period of 62 games.
- Spurs have won just one of their past six top-flight away fixtures (D3, L2). They could lose consecutive away league games for the first time since October 2019.
- Tottenham are winless in 24 away fixtures against the team starting the day top of the table since beating Blackburn in November 1992 (D3, L21).
- They are vying to beat both Manchester clubs away in the same top-flight season for the first time since 1959-60. The last side to do so was Liverpool in 2008-09.
- Jose Mourinho could become the first manager to win three away games against a Pep Guardiola side in all competitions, having triumphed with Real Madrid in 2012 and Manchester United in 2018.
- Son Heung-min has scored six goals in his past eight appearances against Manchester City in all competitions.
- Harry Kane only averages a Premier League goal every 428 minutes versus Manchester City, his worst record against any of the 30 teams he has faced in the division. Kane has scored twice in 10 appearances in this fixture, but none in the last six.