Manchester Utd vs Southampton Premier League Live Football Score 2 Feb 2021
Manchester United will be looking to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they continue their 2020-21 campaign at home to Southampton on Tuesday night.The Red Devils have only picked up one point from their last two league matches, while Southampton have suffered three straight losses in England’s top flight to drop down to 11th position in the tableLeicester City’s surprise 3-1 home defeat to Leeds United on Sunday means that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will enter Tuesday’s match in second position in the table despite dropping more points at Arsenal on Saturday.United would have been looking to respond to their shock 2-1 home defeat to Sheffield United last Wednesday when they travelled to the Emirates Stadium, but Edinson Cavani missed two big chances as the points were shared in a goalless draw, with the result leaving the Red Devils second, three points off leaders Manchester City, who have a game in hand on their bitter rivals.
Solskjaer’s team have not convinced in the big matches this season, but a total of 41 points from 21 matches is an excellent return, and the 20-time English champions are very much in the title argument at this stage, which looked some way off when they were struggling towards the back end of 2020.United have conceded 27 times in the league this season, though, which is one of the poorer records in the division, while they only have the 11th best home record in the 2020-21 Premier League campaign, picking up just 14 points from 10 matches.The Red Devils now face two tough home league games against Southampton and Everton in quick succession before taking on West Ham United in the FA Cup, while the Europa League will resume in February, with the club facing a difficult two-legged tie against talented Spanish side Real Sociedad.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in the past nine Premier League meetings (W4, D5). They can complete their first league double over Southampton since 2012-13.
- United have come from behind to beat Southampton in a Premier League record-equalling 10 games, including a 3-2 victory in the reverse fixture at St Mary’s this season.
- All four of United’s league defeats in 2020-21 have come at Old Trafford. They’ve only twice lost more often at home in a Premier League season: seven defeats in 2013-14, and six in 2001-02.
- They have come from behind to win seven Premier League matches this season – but all of them away.
- Only one of Marcus Rashford’s seven Premier League goals this season has been scored at Old Trafford.
- Bruno Fernandes has gone five league appearances without a goal or assist, his worst spell since joining United a year ago.
- Saints are in danger of losing four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since April 2018.
- They have only managed one win and three goals in their past eight league matches.
- Southampton have scored two Premier League goals in 2021, the fewest in the division.
- They need one more Premier League clean sheet to equal the nine they kept last season.