Manchester City vs Swansea FA Cup Live Football Score 10 Feb 2021
Manchester City will be aiming to keep their quest for an unprecedented quadruple alive when they face Swansea City for a place in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
The Citizens beat Birmingham City and Cheltenham Town in rounds three and four respectively and enter this game on a 14-match winning streak. Pep Guardiola’s side thumped Liverpool 4-1 to tighten their hold on top spot in the Premier League last time out and face Tottenham Hotspur next weekend. With the fixtures continuing to come thick and fast, Sports Mole looks at how Man City could line up at the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday.
American pair Jordan Morris and Paul Arriola could both be involved for Swansea‘s FA Cup fifth-round home tie against Manchester City. Morris, signed on loan from MLS side the Seattle Sounders, has come off the bench in Swansea’s last two league games and is in contention for a first start. Fellow United States forward Arriola only arrived on loan from DC United over the weekend but has impressed in training and might make the bench.
Midfielder Korey Smith is close to a return after four games out with a quad injury but young striker Liam Cullen, who scored twice in the 5-1 fourth-round victory over Nottingham Forest, faces a spell on the sidelines after undergoing recent ankle surgery.
Manchester City will remain without Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne and Nathan Ake for the match. Aguero, who scored a controversial late winner when the sides last met in the FA Cup in 2019, returned to training on Monday after testing positive for coronavirus, but is not yet in contention to play.De Bruyne and Ake are both continuing their own recoveries from injury, but Guardiola reported no fresh concerns ahead of the match. Though the manager promised to start a strong side at the Liberty Stadium, he indicated a number of youngsters could also make the trip.
- Aston Villa loanee Conor Hourihane has scored in three straight league appearances since joining the club in January.
- Steve Cooper has given fringe players a chance to impress in this competition but will be tempted to go full strength here against the Premier League leaders.
- Kyle Walker was not fit enough to face Liverpool on Sunday and is still a doubt here, though Pep Guardiola would ideally like to rest Joao Cancelo.
- Nathan Ake, Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero are expected to miss out for the Premier League leaders.
- Manchester City face Tottenham at the weekend so Guardiola is expected to shuffle his team quite significantly here.
- Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho and Ferran Torres should all come into the side on Wednesday.
- Phil Foden was the start of the show against Liverpool but may be rested here with on the Tottenham game.