Chelsea vs Sheffield United Premier League Live Football Score 7 Fab 2021
Chelsea will be looking to maintain their impressive start to life under Thomas Tuchel when they take on Premier League basement boys Sheffield United at Bramall Lane. The Blues beat Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 on Thursday to keep their momentum going, while the Blades have also found some form over the past few weeks.
Sheffield Utd vs Chelsea team news
Chelsea will be without Thiago Silva for the trip north. The Brazilian defender came off during the first half of Thursday’s 1-0 win over Tottenham with a muscle injury.
Kai Havertz and Kurt Zouma both missed the London derby victory with slight problems, but could recover to feature at Bramall Lane.
Chelsea predicted line-up (3-2-4-1): Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; Jorginho, Kante; James, Mount, Pulisic, Alonso; Werner
Chelsea provisional squad: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Havertz, Ziyech, Giroud, Arrizabalaga, James, Zouma, Christensen, Emerson, Alonso, Kovacic, Gilmour, Pulisic, Werner, Abraham.
- Sheffield United have won three of the four Premier League meetings at Bramall Lane, including by 3-0 in last season’s corresponding fixture.
- There have been 32 goals scored in the nine previous Premier League encounters.
- Sheffield United have won five of their past seven games in all competitions, losing the other two.
- Three wins in the past five league matches is as many as in their previous 27 attempts.
- The Blades have never lost a Premier League home fixture in February (W5, D2).
- They have conceded the opening goal a league-high 16 times this season.
- Chris Wilder’s side have conceded 16 home league goals, already one more than their entire total last term.
- David McGoldrick could become the first player to score in his opening three Premier League matches against Chelsea since Marcus Stewart in 2001.
- Billy Sharp has scored the winning goal three times so far in 2021, twice in the league and once in the FA Cup.
- Chelsea have earned seven points in three league fixtures under Thomas Tuchel, as many in their final eight matches under Frank Lampard.
- Tuchel is the first Chelsea boss to keep clean sheets in his opening three matches since Jose Mourinho in August 2004.
- The Blues have kept 10 Premier League clean sheets this term, one more than their entire total of last season.
- They have won 10 of their past 12 league fixtures against sides starting the day bottom of the table.
- Tammy Abraham has scored four goals in four league matches against Sheffield United, all at home.
- If selected, Olivier Giroud will be making his 250 Premier League appearance.