Manchester City vs Leicester LIVE Football Score 26 Dec 2021
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Out: Ferran Torres (foot)
Doubtful: Kyle Walker (unspecified)
Sports Mole’s predicted XI: Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko; Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus
Out: Wesley Fofana (ankle), Ricardo Pereira (knee), Harvey Barnes (unspecified), Timothy Castagne (unspecified), Danny Ward (unspecified), James Justin (knee)
Doubtful: Caglar Soyuncu (hamstring), Jamie Vardy (hamstring), Jonny Evans (hamstring)
Sports Mole’s predicted XI: Schmeichel; Albrighton, Vestergaard, Ndidi, Thomas; Dewsbury-Hall, Tielemans, Soumare; Maddison, Daka, Lookman
- Manchester City have won eight of their past 10 Premier League games against Leicester.
- Leicester City won 5-2 in last season’s corresponding fixture, with Jamie Vardy scoring a hat-trick. They have never beaten Manchester City away from home in consecutive league seasons.
- Manchester City’s run of eight Premier League wins is the longest current streak of any team. They have scored 24 goals and conceded just three during this period.
- They are top of the Premier League table on Christmas Day for the third time, after 2011-12 and 2017-18. They went on to win the title in both of those seasons.
- The Blues are the first top-flight club to win 34 league games in a calendar year.
- They have scored a club record 106 top-flight goals in 2021.
- City are unbeaten in eight home league games on Boxing Day, winning each of the last six in a row. Their last such defeat came in 1996-97 against Port Vale in the second tier.
- Riyad Mahrez has been on the losing side on all five of his Premier League appearances on Boxing Day – the worst record in the competition’s history.
- Raheem Sterling can score in four successive Premier League matches for the first time since September 2017.
- Leicester have already equalled last season’s final tally of three league away defeats.
- They have lost all four Premier League games this season against teams in the top five by an aggregate score of 10-1.
- They have scored and conceded in their last 15 Premier League away matches, the longest such run of any top-flight team since Burnley did so in 16 matches between April 1961 to March 1962.
- Their only win in their past 11 Premier League fixtures on Boxing Day came against Manchester City in 2018-19.
- Jamie Vardy has never scored in six Premier League appearances on Boxing Day.
- However, Vardy has eight Premier League goals versus Manchester City, including two hat-tricks.
- James Maddison has been directly involved in six goals in his last four Premier League games (three goals, three assists), the same tally as in his previous 26 appearances.
- Brendan Rodgers can become the second manager to win a top-flight away match versus a Pep Guardiola team in consecutive seasons, emulating Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for Manchester United in 2019-20 and 2020-21.
My Manchester City XI
Choose your Manchester City starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Leicester City XI
Choose your Leicester City formation and starting line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.